We took an old family favorite and gave it some spice! How to make the whole family love Meatloaf… again, using our Tangy Fire Marinade & Barbecue sauce. (Just add mashed potatoes and green beans!)
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅔ cup Elijah’s Xtreme Tangy Fire Marinade & Barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green onions, and garlic until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Cover skillet with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 more minutes. Stir 1/3 cup Tangy Fire, (to add a little more kick, add 1- table spoon or 2 of Elijah’s Xtreme Ghost Pepper sauce) Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into mixture; cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, add in the grilled mix from the skillet, and eggs in a large bowl; form into a loaf and place in a rectangular baking pan with 2-inch high sides. Cover loaf with remaining 1/3 cup Tangy Fire.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.